Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NLT)

 FROM TODAY’S READING (2/16/2021)...

The following quote is a repost from some months ago...too good not to reshare...


“I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am” 

John Newton (1725-1807)

NOTE: Newton was former slave trader and author of “Amazing Grace” hymn.


II Corinthians‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭(NKJV‬‬) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

‭‭

Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-10‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.


Image: CC ("Amazing Grace" by Leonard J Matthews is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0