Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Colossians 3:17 (NLT)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"What will it mean in practice for me to put God first? This much at least. The 101 things I have to do each day and the 101 demands on me which I know I must try to meet will all be approached as ventures of loving service to Him, and I shall do the best I can in everything for His sake.”

J.I. Packer (1926-2020)

Anglican theologian, cleric and writer


Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬ ‭(NLT‬) And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

‭‭

Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭23‬-‭24‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.


1 Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭31‬, ‭33‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do...I don’t just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved.


Image: Do Your Best!" by minnepixel is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.