Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Psalm 40:1-4 (NLT)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

“When I think upon my God, my heart is so full of joy that the notes dance and leap from my pen; and since God has given me a cheerful heart it will be pardoned me that I serve Him with a cheerful spirit.”

Franz Josef Haydn (1732-1809)

Austrian composer of the Classical period


Psalms‬ ‭40‬:‭1‬-‭4‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord. Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord, who have no confidence in the proud or in those who worship idols.


Ephesians‬ ‭5‬:‭15‬-‭20‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

‭‭

Image: Public Domain