Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Job‬ ‭1‬:‭20‬-‭22‬ ‭(NLT‬‬)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"When suffering strikes us, we often respond as Job did. We do trust in God. But our emotions are in turmoil, and we have 'no peace, no quietness, no rest.' Such emotion is natural, for at best we human beings are finite, limited, and weak. How encouraging to realize through Job’s experience that faith and fear can be present at the same time. Emotional turmoil is not evidence of a lack of faith, but rather an opportunity for us to affirm the reality of what we believe despite our feelings."

Lawrence O. Richards (1931-2016)

The 365 Day Devotional Commentary


Job‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) There once was a man named Job who lived in the land of Uz. He was blameless—a man of complete integrity. He feared God and stayed away from evil.

‭‭

Job‬ ‭1‬:‭20‬-‭22‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!” 

In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.


Job‬ ‭3‬:‭25‬-‭26‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) What I always feared has happened to me. What I dreaded has come true. I have no peace, no quietness. I have no rest; only trouble comes.

‭‭

Job‬ ‭13‬:‭15‬ ‭(NKJV‬‬) Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him...


James‬ ‭5‬:‭11‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) We give great honor to those who endure under suffering. For instance, you know about Job, a man of great endurance...


Image: CC (bible.art)