Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Psalms‬ ‭51‬:‭7‬-‭10‬ ‭(NLT‬‬)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"If only there were some evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (1918-2008)

Russian writer and prominent Soviet dissident


Psalms‬ ‭51‬:‭7‬-‭10‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me— now let me rejoice. Don’t keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.

‭‭

Mark‬ ‭7‬:‭21‬-‭23‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you.


‭‭1 John‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬-‭10‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.


Image: CC (unsplash.com)