Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Genesis 20 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (3/10/2020)...

“Abraham feared man more than he feared God, and that’s why he lied. Believer, don’t blame your failure on someone else’s shortcomings. Yes, they affect you, but ultimately your actions are on you, and it is your respect for God that matters most. Your decisions are driven either by the fear of God or the fear of man...not  their fear, yours.”
Kris Langham, Through The Word (TTW)

Genesis‬ ‭20:9-13‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Then Abimelech called for Abraham. “What have you done to us?” he demanded. “What crime have I committed that deserves treatment like this, making me and my kingdom guilty of this great sin? No one should ever do what you have done! Whatever possessed you to do such a thing?” 
Abraham replied, “I thought, ‘This is a godless place. They will want my wife and will kill me to get her.’ And she really is my sister, for we both have the same father, but different mothers. And I married her. When God called me to leave my father’s home and to travel from place to place, I told her, ‘Do me a favor. Wherever we go, tell the people that I am your brother.’”
‭‭
Proverbs‬ ‭29:25‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety.

Psalms‬ ‭118:8‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people.

Matthew‬ ‭10:28-31‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell. What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.


Image: Creative Commons (pxhere.com)