Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 30, 2020

Proverbs 18:8 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (3/30/2020)...

A TRIBUTE TO ALL THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND ERRONEOUS NEWS THAT SHAMELESSLY SPREADS THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA...

My name is Gossip.
I have no respect for justice.
I maim without killing.
I break hearts and ruin lives.
I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.
The more I am quoted the more I am believed.
My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.
To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody’s friend.
Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.
I topple governments and wreck marriages.
I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion. I make innocent people cry in their pillows.
Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip.
I make headlines and headaches.
Before you repeat a story, ask yourself:
Is it true?
Is it harmless?
Is it necessary?
If it isn’t, don’t repeat it.
Author Unknown

Ephesians‬ ‭4:29‬ ‭(NIV‬‬) Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Proverbs‬ ‭18:8‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Rumors are dainty morsels that sink deep into one’s heart.
‭‭
Proverbs‬ ‭20:19‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) A gossip goes around telling secrets, so don’t hang around with chatterers.

2 Timothy‬ ‭2:16-17‬a (NLT‬‬) Avoid worthless, foolish talk that only leads to more godless behavior. This kind of talk spreads like cancer, as in the case of Hymenaeus and Philetus.


Image: Creative Commons (pxhere.com)