Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (3/31/2020)...

FEAR: A distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. 
Something that causes feelings of dread or apprehension; something a person is afraid of.
Anticipation of the possibility that something unpleasant will occur.
Dictionary.com

Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
‭‭
Genesis‬ ‭3:9-10‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Adam’s recorded first response to God... “Then the Lord God called to the man, ‘Where are you?’ He replied, ‘I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid...’”

Proverbs‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭(NIV‬‬) The fear (awe/respect/reverence) of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.


Image: Creative Commons (Upstream.com)