Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Matthew 11:11-28 (NLT)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"The greater your burden is, the more you stand in need of one to help to bear it. The deeper the wound is, the more need there is of the surgeon. The more dangerous the disease is, the more need there is of the physician."

Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)

English Puritan preacher and author


Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

‭‭

Joel‬ ‭2‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) That is why the Lord says, “Turn to me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning. Don’t tear your clothing in your grief, but tear your hearts instead.” Return to the Lord your God, for he is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He is eager to relent and not punish.


Image: CC (https://www.anesi.com/cross1.bmp)