Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 10, 2023

James‬ ‭2‬:‭14‬, ‭17‬-18 (NLT‬‬)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"Faith is invisible. It is an unseen transaction that takes place between the soul and God. People cannot see our faith. But they can see the good works that are the fruit of saving faith. They have reason to doubt our faith until they see the works."

William MacDonald (1917-2007)

President of Emmaus Bible College


James‬ ‭2‬:‭14‬, ‭17‬-18 (NLT‬‬) What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?...So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless. Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”


Image: ("faith and works" by Leonard J Matthews is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.)