Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Colossians 3:16-17 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (6/30/2020)...

“When I go to the mailbox at my house where I live and pull the front door down, it just gushes out with stuff. And your mailbox is probably the same. If you ask me what it is, I don’t know what most of it is. Finally I conclude ‘this is just a bunch of junk’ because there’s not much in it worth reading...Then I think about something else I open. There’s no junk mail in this. Everything in here is true. The promises far outweigh what I’m asked to give. There’s nothing like opening the Word of God and listening to the voice of God, what he has to say to us.”
Charles Stanley (Sermon: “Yoked With Jesus”)

Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Colossians‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

Psalms‬ ‭119:105‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.


Image: CC (pxhere.com)