Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Matthew 6:9-13 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (6/9/2020)...

Lately, I have caught myself sensing the necessity to add a phrase to my morning devotional prayer. I regularly and faithfully pray, “Heavenly Father, please graciously forgive me for sins of omission and/or commission committed against you.” 
Recently, however, I have been impressed to add the prayer-phrase, “...and strengthen me, Lord, to make necessary adjustments in my daily life-walk that will prove more pleasing to you. Amen.”
Rocky

Matthew‬ ‭6:9-13‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us today the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.
‭‭
Psalms‬ ‭19:12-14‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Image: Creative Commons (pxhere.com)