Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 15, 2020

John 6:35 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (6/15/2020)...

“If Jesus is the Bread of Life, loss of Jesus means starving. If Jesus is the Light of the World, loss of Jesus means darkness. If Jesus is the Good Shepherd, loss of Jesus means wandering alone and lost. If Jesus is the resurrection and the life, loss of Jesus is eternal death. And if Jesus is the Lamb of God, sacrificed for our sins, loss of Jesus means paying that price for ourselves.”
Rebecca McLaughlin

John‬ ‭10:11, 14-15‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep...I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.”
‭‭
John‬ ‭6:35‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”
‭‭
John‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

John‬ ‭12:44-46‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Jesus shouted to the crowds, “If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.”

‭‭John‬ ‭1:29‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!”
‭‭

Image: Creative Commons Google search