Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 22, 2020

Psalm 77:1-9 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (6/22/2020)...

“God has a great curve ball. He also has a good changeup. And he’s not afraid to throw any of them at any point in the count. I mean...there are times when God works in ways that don’t make sense to me. It’s a curve ball or it’s a changeup...and he’ll do it to test my faith. 
Do I trust him when I can’t trace him? Can I obey him in the dark. Real faith will be able to trust God even in the dark. Do I follow my own sense of reason, or do I trust in God?”
Pastor Sandy Adams

Psalms‬ ‭77:1-9‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) I cry out to God; yes, I shout. Oh, that God would listen to me! When I was in deep trouble, I searched for the Lord. All night long I prayed, with hands lifted toward heaven, but my soul was not comforted. I think of God, and I moan, overwhelmed with longing for his help.
You don’t let me sleep. I am too distressed even to pray! I think of the good old days, long since ended, when my nights were filled with joyful songs. I search my soul and ponder the difference now. Has the Lord rejected me forever? Will he never again be kind to me? Is his unfailing love gone forever? Have his promises permanently failed? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has he slammed the door on his compassion? 

Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
‭‭
Psalms‬ ‭23:3-4‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.


Image: Creative Commons (Unsplash.com)