Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 8, 2020

Romans 12:11-12 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (6/8/2020)...

“I never lost faith in the end of the story. I never doubted not only that I would get out, but also that I would prevail in the end and turn the experience into the defining event of my life, which, in retrospect, I would not trade.”
Admiral James Stockdale (1923-2005)

NOTE: Admiral Stockdale was a prisoner of war for eight years during the Vietnam War. Following release from captivity, he was asked how he survived those unthinkable eight years of imprisonment.

Romans‬ ‭12:11-12‬ ‭NLT‬‬ Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.

Romans‬ ‭5:3-5‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.


Image: Public Domain